AND: Im with a Primary Care Mental Health Team. No changing staff like the old Community Mental Health Team. This Specialist is said to be the best in my area. They will be looking at Bipolar too instead of the Major Depression diagnosis I currently have (manic episodes are contradicting that and the 200mg Sertraline daily does nothing for them).
The Disability / Mental Health Assessor said it was vitally important to look at & treat the WHOLE person rather than looking at everything piecemeal. In her opinion the reason why CBT FAILED is because no one has considered anything but Major Depression and/or me being a hypochondriac when I have other health problems that are well-documented. She also couldn’t believe that no one I’d seen so far in last 3-4 years didn’t think to ask ME what *I* thought about my disabilities / problems! She said flat-out that CBT isn’t the cure-all for everything & especially for people with complex disability & illness.
If I am an Aspie – then other health issues could be sorted out simply by addressing that – CBT won’t help me.
- @CreativeCrip Test Result: Ritvo #Autism #Aspergers Diagnostic Scale-Revised #Aspie (thecreativecrip.wordpress.com)
- @CreativeCrip Rdos #Aspergers Test Result #Aspie (thecreativecrip.wordpress.com)
- Awkward in Person, Graceful on the Page (psychologytoday.com)
- Why do we have to suffer? (aspiecircusgirl.wordpress.com)
- Video | Asperger’s Syndrome vs. Nonverbal LD (enjoyhi5autism.blogspot.com)
- Asperger’s, agoraphobia and depression are destroying my life and my marriage (guardian.co.uk)
- New Book by AJ Scudiere Features Heroine with Asperger’s Syndrome (prweb.com)
- Fresh fuel reignites Asperger’s debate (sciencedaily.com)